Living Independent Preparation Skills (LIPS)
These are the skills we can take wherever we go in life along our journey to success…
- Our life skills work is a Living Independence Preparation Skill (LIPS) programme which helps to fulfil the young people potential and make a positive transition into adult life.
- The LIPs programme covers a wide range of topics, just to name a few…
- Self Care and emotional wellbeing
- Positive relationships and keeping safe
- Behaviour management
- Budgeting monies, shopping, cooking and meal planning
- Travel training and journey planning
- Arranging and attending appointments.
You will be allocated a key worker on arrival. Your key workers role is to help, support and guide you with all your independent living skills and appointments. Your key worker will plan weekly sessions to work through the LIPs programme with you. Staff on duty will complete group living activity sessions such as cooking, baking, homework.